Saturday, July 11, 2009

Oh crap

Why is it we accumulate so much crap? And why is it we treat it like it is gold? I've started spring cleaning (hush, I know its July) and I've noticed how much crap we have accumulated and how much we don't want to let it go. This is the converstation: me- "honey, why do we have this thingamajig?" pud-"we might need it someday" me-"but we haven't used it in 4 years" pud-"but we might". I just feel like throwing everything away in my house and completely starting over. Only then I would accumulate more crap and have to do the same thing all over again.

I know, I'm kinda random, but I am my mother's daughter.

7 comments:

Crone and Bear It said...

I have boxes in my garage that have been there since we moved into this house over 6 years ago. Don't talk to me about crap - I seem to be attracting clutter like dog hair to black slacks lately!

Golden To Silver Val said...

I'd like to clean out everything in my house and start over too....but not before I box everything up and put it all in storage cause...well, you know....I might NEED this stuff someday.

lagirl/sweet tea said...

Oh how I identify.
My husband saves everything, then when he goes out of town I "clean house", literally. If I die before he does our children are gonna have on BIG mess on their hands.

Anonymous said...

Rent a dumpster

Anonymous said...

Contact Niecy Nash and have Clean House crew come over!

terri said...

I know. We often find it hard to part with things we haven't even seen in a couple of years. For some reason, as soon as they surface again, we decide we've missed them and can't live without them.

Anonymous said...

I put in notice that we will be vacating our storage unit by the end of the month... shudder.