Friday, August 7, 2009

Gladys has Random Pretty In Pink Thoughts

This is Santa Barbara Wharf
looks like a dream doesn't it?

As you know Friday's are my days to clean the cobwebs from my mind. Oh hush I know if I get rid of the cobwebs then it will be empty. I have been busy running errands and cleaning house which for me are mind numbing. Every once in a while though something will click and I'll go off into one of my wandering wonderings. I will walk shopping cart in hand drooling on my salsa stained shirt thinking thoughts like these.

I would like to thank Girlystuff for rigging, um I mean allowing me to win her contest. Go check her out, and her Etsy shop too. I won the Fleur De Lis crystal necklace. Who is a weener? I am that's who!
OH and a newbie by the name of Mama Face at Blog-Ignoramus gave me this blogger award. Mama Face I'm just so excited I could pee! Thank you so much and welcome, welcome, welcome to my addiction. You too will soon be selling your silver for just 10 more minutes of blogging time. Oh and just so you know...You had me at Modge Podge.
***********************************************************************************
If jumbo shrimp is an oxymoron what is Extra Large Petite?
***********************************************************************************
What happens to the ghost that haunts you when you die? Does he get assigned a new haunt?
************************************************************************************


If people blame our farts on the dog, who does the dog blame it on?


*************************************************************************************
I had a really great day Monday. I joined my friend in helping another friend clean out her closet. So you might say that Lola and I came out of the closet together, then went back in, then came out again.
The lady whose closet we cleaned out is originally from France. She has a charming accent and is a hoot to boot. She is in her late 70’s and is getting ready to go on a Mexican Riviera cruise. I asked her if she had her bikini ready to go and she said “Ze bikini, oui. The body to put in eet, sadly no.”
*************************************************************************************
I went to the local Squal-mart today which is an adventure in every trip. Today I overheard this conversation between a mother and her teen daughter:
Teen: But MOAWAWM I just have to have those XYZ jeans. All the other girls will have them and if I don’t get them I’ll just die.
Mom: So how much are they?
Teen: They are only $189.00 on sale at Macys.
Mom: I’ll make sure we have pink roses at your funeral.
************************************************************************************ Mrs. 4’s over at Half Past Kissing Time brought up a wonderful point in her Friday Fragments about soap operas. I started watching Days of Our Lives in high school, not religiously but every once in a while. Did you know I can flip it on today 30ish years later and it’s EXACTLY the same!
Another thing about soap operas I always want to know where the cities are that these people live in so I can stay FAR FAR away. Kind of like I never want to go to wherever Angela Landsbury lived in Murder She Wrote. Every time she came around someone died. I think she was the real murderer.
************************************************************************************
Ann at Ann Again and Again is having another VGNO. Go over enjoy a cocktail and watch her favorite John Hughes movie. Yes, Mr. Hughes passed this week. I was not of the “Breakfast Club” generation but having children who were I have watched all of the films. I have to tell you my favorite would have to be The Breakfast Club. I loved when Molly Ringwald put her lipstick on by sticking the tube in her cleavage then moved her mouth around the tube. Now THAT is talent Mr. Hasselhoff!




Speaking of Molly some one needs to give her Jenny Craig’s number.


Now go enjoy one another this weekend.


************************************************************************************* Oh and here is a summer cocktail for you.
Gladys is Pretty In Pink
1oz Pineapple Vodka
1/2 oz Captain Morgan Rum
1 oz DeKuyper Island Blue Pucker Schnapps
1 oz DeKuyper Peachtree Schnapps
½ oz Rose’s Grenandine Syrup
½ oz Rose’s Sweet and Sour Mix
Then you know what to do….shake it baby shake it. Serve in a chilled Martini glass with a sugar rim. So good you will want to kiss your bartender.

15 comments:

Martha said...

Happy VGNO.
Lol about the soaps and the jeans!

Stacy Uncorked said...

Great (and hilarious) fragments! :)

Happy FF, Happy VGNO - and have a great weekend! :)

Caution/Lisa said...

So happy to meet you, Gladys! Just linked over from Mrs. 4's and will absolutely be back.

Gladys said...

Martha - I wanted to applaud the mom

Stacy - Happy FF-VGNO to you too.

Caution Flag - Welcome! Come on by anytime. I'll give you a big glass of iced tea and rag to help me clean the cobwebs.

Nicole said...

Walmart is the BEST for people watching.

Happy VGNO and have a wonderful weekend!

Suzy said...

Mine was Ferris Bueller. I watch it whenever it's on.

Native American Momma said...

My dog blames her farts on the baby lol

Couture Allure Vintage Fashion said...

LOL I'll be sure to have pink roses at your funeral!!! That is a great line!!! I wish I could have cleaned out that closet with you...oh yes, I do.

Girly Stuff said...

Sounds like an eventful week!

Remember when the most expensive pair of jeans were Gloria Vanderbilt's...like maybe 30 dollars.

rachaelgking said...

As a former bartender, that is a helluva drink, lady! Happy weekend :-)

Mrs4444 said...

Gladys! That Jenny Craig comment really took me by surprise, you sassy! LOL

Congrats on winning that beautiful necklace!! You deserve it :)

Kat said...

Stopping by for a belated VGNO!!

Gladys said...

Nicole - ours is pretty good for non-people watching too. ;)

Suzy- Ferris is Good. I think I have most of the lines memorized from that movie

Native Am Mom- You have a very wise dog.

Couture - It was all I could do not to snort right there. Oh and you would have loved the Christian Dior and Oleg Cassini gowns.

Girly - Yes I do remember and Jordache was cool

Lilu- Not near as deadly as a Dead Armadillo.

Mrs. 4's - Well all the other 80's stars are doing it!


Kat - back at you

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

I loved Molly in 16 Candles and didn't know she needed Jenny's number. guess I've been out of touch.

Love the cocktail and can't wait to try it. I thik it would knock me on my arse!

Kelley said...

I'll cut Molly a bit of slack for now, she just had twins. I loved her back in the day, always wanted to have that red curly hair.

I think my mom and I had that exact same jeans conversation back in 1983. I didnt' get the jeans, but I didn't get pink roses, either! lol