Saturday, December 26, 2009

Gladys has Postpartum Random Thoughts

I know I know it is Saturday and I’m late for Mrs. 4444’s Friday Fragments. I got distracted sitting in front of the television watching the Hallmark Channel Christmas movie marathon. So go link your Friday to her Friday even though it is Saturday.

*********************************************


First of all have you seen that horrible commercial with the run over animals? Who the hell thought this was a good campaign? I know it wasn’t Don Draper.


What did the pitch for the ad sound like?


Hey lets frighten children and gross out people by showing a bunch of cartoon animals all ran over and squished trying to drag themselves off the road.

*************************************************

Next let me just wish all of you a belated Merry Christmas and a Happy Tadpole Eve. Yes tomorrow is Tadpole’s birthday. She was almost a Christmas baby.



+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I pretty much avoided going any where this past week what with the Christmas madness out there. I did however have to go buy groceries. I was standing in line at the local big box store waiting to check out when I spied a man who looked a little familiar. He had a white beard, rosy cheeks and a big belly that shook when he laughed like a bowl full of jelly. I think I know him but can’t remember from where.

222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222

Did y’all hear, shut up yes I just said y’all, that Charlie Sheen spent Christmas day in jail? I think maybe he is taking his character of Charlie Harper too seriously.


This appeared in the New York Times

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

I have been making a list of what my New Year Resolution for 2010 will be. I always try to make ones that I will keep. I mean what says failure more than breaking your resolution on January 2nd because you really needed that 47th cup of coffee.

So I am thinking this year my resolution is going to be to remember to breath. No I didn’t chew the Wonka Gum in the blueberry stage or trying out for a part in Avatar, I just forgot to breath. Hey don’t smirk, I some time forget to do just that, so if you see me turning blue remind me to breath.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

So what did Santa bring you for Christmas?





Otin hosts his Happy Hour Friday over at the Wizard of Otin. Hopefully I’m not too late for that too.

My Bestest Christmas present this year was not really a present.  It didn't come wrapped, packaged or tied with a bow.  My Christmas present was not having to Christmas shop.  It was bliss.

Even though it did not look like this in
Socal it was still bliss. (This is what my porch looked like last year)


Remembering the reason for the season.  Yes that's right big plastic Jesus on top of a snow covered mountain.

Remember thoughts become things,  think good ones.

5 comments:

Brian Miller said...

thinking good thoughts for you..and happy tadpole day!

Mike said...

That commercial is bizarre???

Charlie Sheen is a scumbag and he has always been a scumbag. Every woman that he is with claims abuse. After 3 or 4 women you need to start watching out for him. I could see a possible OJ future for him.

Mrs4444 said...

Happy Tadpole Day!! I can't think of a better celebration for you to have tomorrow :)

Yeah, the roadkill commercial...WTH?

I don't know exactly why, but I'm not really sure I believe that story about Charlie Sheen; he looks like he's acting in his mugshot!

No resolutions for me~

Santa brought me a nice, fake, temporary replacement wedding ring (long story). I also got a long-awaited electric can opener AND a bottle opener. That man listens well, I tell you. Glad you had a nice Christmas :)

Anonymous said...

Glad it was Jesus in your yard, for a minute I thought it was your husband in a Snuggie!

Anonymous said...

You are such a KICK!!! I so would love to come hang out for a 48th cup of coffee... and Sheen was in jail?!?! Why for? LOL!

Love LOVE LoVe the plastic Jesus on the mountain. LOL!

Crazy lady.