Friday, December 18, 2009

Gladys has Random Christmas Llama Thoughts

It is Friday again and time for Mrs. 4444 to present her Friday Fragments.  Go on go over read her fragments, link yours and have a big old fragmented party. Then go on over to Ann Again and Again for your weekly Virtual Girls Night Out. Have a drink, even if it’s just water, read some stories and partake in her game. Also link your Friday to her Friday.

Oh and don’t forget to go to my Wednesday post and leave me a comment in order to win Erin Bried’s book “How To Sew A Button…”   See what I did there?  Yeah I made it easy for you just click on Wednesday post and it will take you right to the post that was just 2 days ago.  No scrolling back no fuss no muss.  I love your comments so far. It sounds like our grandparents and parents really were the greatest generation. I mean teaching us to play poker and watch baseball are very important things 

*********************************************

So here it is the week before Christmas and people are getting more and more stressed. How do I know this? I went to buy cleaning supplies and it was as if the famine had hit. People were stomping on each others toes in order to get that last mechanical hamster.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I took Boz for a walk the other day. While on our walk we encountered a man walking his dog. He looked at Boz and said “Is that a poodle?” I looked at him square and the eye and said nope it’s a miniature Christmas llama only one in existence.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

How come the Salvation Army bell ringers on those sappy Christmas movies always wear Santa suits but the ones in my town just wear jeans and T-shirts? Do you think they really are collecting for the Salvation Army or collecting beer money?


2222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222


This week’ overheard was actually a telephone conversation I had with a credit card company. I was disputing a charge on my bill. Yes someone had charged fire insurance on my card.

Me: I did not authorize a charge to XYZ Fire Insurance Company.

Customer Service: So you are saying you didn’t order a fire?

Me: No, not a fire, fire insurance from XYZ Fire Insurance Company.

Customer Service: Did they send you the merchandise?

Me: What merchandise?

Customer Service: The fire. Did they send you the fire?

Me: No. It is not for FIRE it is for FIRE INSURANCE and I DID NOT ORDER IT.

Customer Service: Can you describe the merchandise again?

Me: We didn't start the fire

It was always burning

Since the world's been turning

We didn't start the fire

No we didn't light it

But we tried to fight it

Thanks Billy Joel

Customer Service: I’m sorry I don’t understand.
Me:  Obviously
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

If you follow me on the hacked version of Twitter then you know that I am unable to post any new pictures unless I offer up a ransom to Google to free up more space. What do you think? Should I give in to terrorist and pay the ransom?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Finally but not lastly it is also Happy Hour Friday over at the Wiz. Otin hosts Happy Hour Friday so go on over and tell us what makes you happy.




Here are some things that make me happy.



Playing in the snow


Having Visitors


Christmas Shoes


Now go on and be good to one another and remember thoughts become things, think good ones.

12 comments:

Dual Mom said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the conversation with the credit card company, and your response to the poodle question. Priceless!!

Anonymous said...

Lol! You are funny!

And yes, in the movies those bell ringers sure do make it look like a fun job. But I'm pretty sure in real life it's a job given to those trying to fulfill community service hours....

Anonymous said...

I so enjoyed reading these. You had me cracking up. Did you really say that about your dog??? Did he believe you???? OMG!! I am on the floor with that one. Have a Merry Christmas and a great VGNO

Mike said...

My GF just asked me what I was laughing at. I said, barely able to get it out,"I am laughing at the miniature Christmas llama" lol

Julie from JulieChats said...

The why lie need beer sign makes me laugh & almost more likely to give him a dollar. A few years back they did a news investigation around here & sent a reporter out to get $ at the off ramps and they made quite a bit. They even talked to a guy who said he'd make $30K doing it the year before...

Hope you have a great holiday season! :) Happy VGNO!

Martha said...

Stopping by from VGNO. LOL about the llama, that was a great line! You know I have not seen a Salvation Army bell ringer this year... not that I have been shopping that much, and I might have been too early for him at Wal-Mart this morning.

Your photos are great... love the red shoes! Wish I could still wear shoes like that!

Have a great weekend. We are waiting for snow!

VGNO

Tania said...

Great Shows!
Happy VGNO!

Anonymous said...

Good day !.
might , probably curious to know how one can make real money .
There is no initial capital needed You may start to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
AimTrust represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with offices everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your choice That`s what you wish in the long run!

I feel good, I began to take up real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to select a correct partner utilizes your money in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
I earn US$2,000 per day, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://bygufowoji.freewaywebhost.com/jucoro.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take our chance together to get rid of nastiness of the life

lettuce said...

very cool christmas shoes

Lori said...

Stopping over from Happy Hour Friday...enjoyed reading your random thoughts and funnies too...great things to be happy about....snow makes us happy here too, just not the bitter cold...love your visitors and whats not to love about new shoes! Happy weekend! Lori

Unknown said...

OMGosh the convo with the CCC is hysterical
really enjoyed your FF
oh and out salvation army bell ringers also wear jeans one even sits and plays the guitar

Mrs4444 said...

I love the snow and visitor pics--very nice!!

Yaya!! WE 4444's have been known to ring bells, you silly! Kendall and I had a ball doing it one year, in fact, and we didn't even have to be on probation to sign up, haha.

Crazy credit card companies...WTH are they thinking when they hire these morons?