Friday, December 4, 2009

Glaldys has Random Sewage Thoughts



It is Friday and time for Mrs. 4444’s Friday Fragments. Now that is where you go and link your fragmented thoughts with her fragmented thoughts and then you read everyone’s fragmented thoughts. You would think with all those fragments you could make something, maybe a mosaic or a collage. That would be cool, a thought collage. Then I want you to go on over to Ann Again and Again for your weekly Virtual Girls Night Out. Have a drink, even if it’s just water, read some stories and partake in her game. Go on it is fun and fat free. Also link your Friday to her Friday.


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


Why is it when you are trying to get ready for a party not one, not two but every appliance in your house decides it must completely and totally stop working and expel any and all fluids which it contains. There you are in the middle of stuffing 4000 peppers with cream cheese when the sink starts shooting water through the top of the faucet. Your hot water heater groans like a water buffalo in it’s final throws of death. Your dishwasher empties not into the sewer pipe but onto your new fluffy slippers and the toilets decide to expel their contents into the vestiges of their little homes. Yes it is just that unwritten law which states if you want to clean your house really deeply right down to the very last sewer pipe just announce that you are having a dinner party.



&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&


My cabinets are heaving with stoneware, glassware and serving dishes. My kitchen drawers contain enough stainless to outfit an army yet for some unknown reason nothing matches. I honestly don’t know where half of my cutlery came from. I held up a fork with little roses engraved in the handle and asked Kahuna “where did this come from?” He put on his glasses gave it a once over and said “I thought it was yours.” I repeated this 10 or 15 more times and neither of us recognized one piece of the dinnerware filling our drawers. Do the little house elves that clean the kitchen and wash the dishes bring these? Do they take my matching set out to steam clean and inadvertently pick up someone else’s? Or is it simply you lose a sock in the dryer and you get a new fork?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


My overheard this week was actually an interchange I had with a Squal*mart employee. God you have to love those people who put up with the People of Walmart.

As you may or may not know depending on how much you read my me, I adopted a little dog.


He is what you might call a purse dog. Since I was about to embark on another trip I decided I needed to purchase a rolling pet carrier.

I knew I had to pick up some other things so I stuck Boz in my purse and went to Squal*mart. I walked around looking for a rolling pet carrier to no avail. I saw a Squal*mart employee and asked “Excuse me do you have a rolling pet carrier?” The lady turned and looked at me, then she looked up the aisle and down the aisle. Thinking maybe she hadn’t heard me I asked again “excuse me, do you know if you have a rolling pet carrier?” Again she looked up and down the aisle as if she were looking for someone or something. She cleared her throat and said “I don’t know what you are talking about” then turned back to her task at hand. Me being the deligent shopper that I am said “it looks like a suitcase with wheels only it’s for dogs.” She looked at me again in confusion and that is when the light bulb went off over her head and she said “you can’t have that dog in here. Dogs aren’t allowed in here.”

I took a deep and frustrated breath and with perfect composure said “what dog?” She looked at Boz then at me and said “that dog, the one in your purse.” I looked down then back up at her and said “I don’t know what you’re talking about.” She just stood there looking at me. Needless to say I didn’t find what I was looking for at Squal*mart.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Now over at the Wizard of Otin he hosts Happy Hour Friday. Again you go to his sight and see what makes him happy and everyone who links up with him. It is a great positive way to end your week.

Here are a few things that make me happy:


Winter  Days that look like this and


Cooking in an Iron Skillet.



Airports with a sense of humor

Now go be good to one another and remember thoughts become things, think good ones.

10 comments:

Stacy Uncorked said...

When you plan for a big dinner party, it's as if the major appliances have a pre-planned revolt. I think Murphy and his Law have something to do with it. Or maybe, in the case of your faucet, the 4000 peppers made it cry. ;)

I like your theory on when a sock gets lost, you gain a piece of cutlery. I need new cutlery - maybe I'll start purposely losing socks. ;)

Touche on your Squal*Mart comeback! :)

Your Happy List makes me happy. :)

Happy FF, VGNO and HHF! :)

Mike said...

I hate it when some appliance breaks down, because it is always a bad time. Right before a holiday, or the heat goes out in the beginning of winter, or like you say, it happens right before people are coming to visit.

I wouldn't mind surfing at Christmas!

Happy Friday!!

Mel Fraase said...

Eew, hope you got all the sewage out!! Yikes!

LOL - "what dog?!"

Happy VGNO!!

Brian Miller said...

how could i not read a blog with that title...my parents burst a sewer pipe once, it was not pretty...nice happy thoughts...iron skillet cooking is the best!

Liz Mays said...

The sewer thing is the worst! I've had it back up into the shower but never at a time where people were coming over.

Our furnace did shut off on Thanksgiving one year, a brutal below zero Thanksgiving!

Happy VGNO!

tattytiara said...

"What dog? I don't know what you're talking about."

You are clearly brilliant.

Jaime said...

it snowed here today. i wish my winters looked like yours!

Nanny Goats In Panties said...

Did you really say that to the Squallmart employee? That's AWESOME!

And I almost took the SAME picture the other day when I was at The Airport With The Sense of Humor!

lagirl/sweet tea said...

Looks like a good Thanksgiving in spite of the plumbing problems. What a good Trooper you are!. . .Cute little doggie!
We got 5 min of snow dandruff - that was it!

Mrs4444 said...

Oh, Gladys! I love the SqualMart fragment!

I love mismatched silverware; it's got character :)

Wow, septic trouble, huh? Sounds like a living nightmare!