Friday, April 15, 2011

Gladys Has Western Union Man Thoughts

Here it is Friday again. Can you believe it? I mean it seems like it was just Sunday and Donald Trump was telling Mark What-his-name that he was fired and telling crazy Gary Busey that he needed to straighten up. REALLY Donald? Busey straighten up? He is crazier than Bugs Bunny on crack. Did you not watch Celebrity REHAB?


Mrs. 4's over at Half Past Kissing Time Hosts Friday Fragments.  Go on over and check out the wandering wonderings of her crew, but only after you have read mine. 


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I am so excited to tell you all that I will be making a trip to the South Pacific soon as I just got notified of a huge windfall. See below.



From: Western Union® Money Transfer [mailto:melgamal@eri.sci.eg]


Sent: Friday, April 15, 2011 12:16 PM


To: undisclosed-recipients:


Subject:


Please be informed that you have $250,000.00 Lodged in our Western Union outlet to be transferred to you as a Compensation. Contact Western Union Office.


Mr. Richard Quest.


Aren’t I just the luckiest girl in the world?  I mean I actually have $250,000 LODGED in their Western Union Outlet. 
What exactly is it lodged between?  What outlet would that be, an electrical outlet?

**********************************************************

On another note do you think that Mr. Richard Quest might be kin to my old flame Johnny Quest? And Bandit?

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

This correspondence brings me to another point on which I ponder. Do you remember in the old black and white movies the Western Union person would come to your house and deliver a cablegram? Do they bring you money with a money transfer? But more importantly do they wear the hat?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

As you know it is Easter time which means only one thing. Yes Cadbury eggs. You see when Jesus died on the cross and they put him in the tomb then a Giant Chicken in Bunny Ears placed the egg in front of the tomb. Therefore we celebrate by eating a giant Cadbury Egg.


What do you mean that's not how the story goes?

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3


Now tell me truly do you remember when you didn’t dare go to church on Easter Sunday unless your shoes matched your purse and your hat and gloves were white? Oh and shopping for that Easter dress was an event? Or if you are of the male persuasion you got a new tie?



Oh so you’re old too?

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Okay that is it for this week. I’m off to enjoy the beautiful spring sunshine and wait for the Western Union Man to deliver my big wad of cash.

Oh and I know I'm a week early for Easter but who says I won't have more next week?

Now go on and be good to one another and remember thoughts become things...think good ones.















2 comments:

Tracy said...

I totally remember the Easter dress, shoes and those white gloves, I loved those white gloves! Somewhere I still have a pair and I almost bought a little girls pair at Target the other day even though I have no little girls!
So, yes I am OLD!

Bob said...

You have all the luck. Whenever I have something lodged, it's never $250,000.