Thursday, September 9, 2010

I Love You For Sentimental Reasons....



I’m checking in for Theme Thursday.  I’m in between classes and decided to sit down and write my post.  I flipped over to the Theme Thursday page to see what today’s theme would be.  There on the front page everyone had signed up already.  I am late to the party again.  I clicked on Brian and read a nice bit of poetry.  I toggled over to West Valley Photo and up popped the picture of REASON.  Yes this week’s theme is REASON and Nonamedufus gave me a REASON to Believe.  Now there has to be a reason for that, right?  I mean it would seem to reason that the powers that be, just who are those powers anyway and are they SUPER powers, would choose it for a reason.  I took a personality test this week and found that I am one who likes to have stability and a reason for doing things.  Here is my take on reason or at least my reason for something.  I’m reasonable like that.  Once you read my little ditty go on other and check out what other people reason is reasonable for a REASON THEME THURSDAY.

Gladys sat at her computer trying to compose the letter.  It became increasingly evident that she just couldn’t find the words.  This was a first for Gladys.  She never ran out of words.  She had more words than she had breath.  She leaned back and closed her eyes and tried to come to reason with herself. 

She drew in a deep breath and the exhaled sat up and placed her fingers on the keys.  She waited for inspiration.  She waited for the muse to inspire her with words that spoke her heart.  Nothing.  Nothing at all came to mind.  She knew she wanted to express her feelings but she just couldn’t find the words.  She waited fingers poised.   Then they began to move.  Her fingers flew over the keys, fingernails clicking out a steady beat.  Gladys looked up at the screen and read “the quick grey fox jumped over the fence”.  She sighed and hit the delete button. 

She reached over and took a bite of the cookie and began once again.



Dear Keebler Elves,

The reason for my correspondence is I have forever loved your creations and my particular favorite is your Danish Wedding Cookies.  I have not been able to find them here in Southern California and am saddened that I can not partake in that magical goodness. 


I know it would be too much to ask for an Elf to come live with me and stay in my kitchen cranking out copious quantities of these delightful little cookies.  Would you consider instead giving me the recipe?  I am convinced that there is some magic dust or some kind of special something (crack cocaine?) that you may need to send me so that mine will be as wonderful.  I promise I will not share this recipe with anyone; it will just be our little secret.  I mean it’s a win, win situation right?  I would be more popular than a super-delegate at the democratic convention and your secret is safe.  I promise I will share the finished product with those less fortunate who have never had the pleasure of eating a whole box in one sitting, then licking the wax paper lining to get the last speck of that white powdered goodness.

Again, I will gladly give an elf a warm bed and a kitchen instead of a tree in which to bake.  Should you choose to send me the recipe and some of your elfin goodness to go in them I will be forever grateful.

Yours forever addicted,
Gladys
PS  Could you send me the Pecan Sandie recipe too?  Maybe you should just send me the elves.

3 comments:

Brian Miller said...

hehe. if the elf comes to live with you i am writing a letter too...smiles. happy tt gladys!

Julie said...

That bit of writer's block that you describbe is sooo true. I experience it at least each day. Sometimes I just have to get up and walk away.

Jaime said...

danish wedding cookies? i never tried those, though it's probably getter for my waistline that i haven't ;)