Thursday, May 21, 2015

GLADYS BORROWS TIME



Tap…tap..tap… Is this thing on?  Anybody there?  (crickets)

I know it’s been a long time since I’ve been here but I’ve been in a coma and then I had amnesia when I came to Stefano DiMera had kidnapped me… oh wait maybe that was Days of Our Lives.  In reality I’ve been here and then I went there and after that well I went over there and now I’m here. 

Most important I realized I really missed this creative outlet and decided it was time to return to writing this blog whether there was anyone out there still following or not.    I may not be here every day but I will be here more often than every 4 years. 

One of the many things that have happened to me in my journey is I’ve come to the realization that no matter where you go there you are.  Life takes us down so many paths and we must learn to enjoy each and every road we are traveling in the moment.  It doesn’t come easy for me to practice being in the moment as I am one who worries about things that may never happen.  I worry that I worry too much and then worry because I’m worried about that.  Such is the life of a constant worrier.

I have been working on not worrying so much.  Nurse Meme used to tell me not to go borrowing trouble.  I would thinK “why would I borrow trouble?  I might borrow sugar or shoes or even a really cute purse but trouble?”  I realize now what she was telling me not to fret over things that have not and may never happen.

A little over a year ago we moved to Hollywood South to work on a project.  The old Gladys would have obsessed over where we were going to live, what we were going to do and how it would all come together.  The new Gladys just loaded up the beast and settled in next to her sweetheart and was thankful to be along for the ride.  We finished that project and headed back to Californica.  Again the old Gladys would have gnashed her teeth and wrung her hands fraught with worry but the new Gladys once again thanked the stars above for the chance of another adventure.  


Now we are on yet another adventure, one that I hope will lead us to yet another adventure,


 but I’m not here to borrow trouble, I am just here for the ride.

No comments: