Monday, December 8, 2008

Eight in 2008



Maude Mae over at Maude's Meandering Thoughts tagged me with this "Meme". I thought about it over night and decided these are my final answers. Maybe. Can I call a lifeline Regis?


1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Egg Nog with a little bit of Bicardi and a pinch of nutmeg

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just put them under the tree?
Both


3.Colored lights on house/tree or white?


I love colored lights in the tops of the palm trees because it looks like different colored fairies floating in the sky. I like white lights everywhere else.

4.Do you hang mistletoe?

Funny thing growing up in West Texas Mistletoe grew in the mesquite trees since they don’t grow very tall in my neck of the scrub brush we could just go cut it out of the tree. I haven’t seen any growing in any of the trees up here or in Southern California. I have some fake mistletoe I hang. Oh and did you know the Cancer Institute had proven Mistletoe kills some forms of cancer cells?

I Know these aren't mesquite trees and there isn't any mistletoe, I just think it's pretty.

5. When do you put up your decorations up?
Usually Thanksgiving but this year no decorations, no tree…bahumbug.
This is the tree of my youth. We always had a color wheel that would flash different colors on the tree and I would sit mesmorized by it. Hey it was the "atomic age" don't laugh. I thought it was beautiful. I mean do you know how RARE a silver spruce is in the wild?

6. What is your favorite holiday dish?
I love food and just about any dish is my favorite as long as it’s not liver. I guess I would have to say stuffing.


7. Favorite holiday memory as a child?
I would have to say the Christmas it snowed. It was actually cold, not 65 degrees cold but real 32 degrees cold. OK I lie, no snow. Although I think it did sleet one year that was close enough for us.





This wasn't Christmas it was in fact last Thanksgiving at my Daddy's.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
What truth about Santa? Do you know something I don’t know?


9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Nope I’m a Christmas Morning person. I mean how can you open gifts on Christmas Eve? Santa hasn’t come yet. Hey does this have something to do with the “truth about Santa” question from before?

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
What tree?



Hey I wish I still had the frosted white aluminum tree with some really redneck looking Nutcracker's in front of it. Oh wait...those aren't nutcrackers they are just Nuts!


11. Snow. Love it or dread it?
I love it but refuse to drive in it which could be a problem this year since I am in Montana

This is Whitefish Mountain, Montana. Isn't it beautiful?

12. Can you ice skate?
Hahaha, surely you jest. I can’t walk and chew gum and you expect me to get on two little thin blades and gracefully glide across a super slick surface. It would be more like me standing in a puddle of water while being tasered. Yes I’m that spastic.


This is what I look like in my mind, but in actuality you wouldn't want to see it.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?

I got this from my kids and my husband a couple of years ago and I heart it.





14. What is the most important thing about the holidays to you?
Family although I rarely get to spend it with them.



This would be my family going to visit my sister's family. They have a cement pond and everythang. Theys live out there in Califourneeiay. We always get one of them big Califourneeiay Welcomes when we go out there with all the critter's to eat Christmas vittals. They wave real funny out there. Theys only wave with one finger.



15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
I have to pick one? I like all of them from Minced Meat Pie to Divinity I love them all.


16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
My life has changed so much in the last several years I really don’t have one any more. I guess you could call buying all the girls in the family a pair of cute flannel pajamas a tradition well that would be it. They each get a new pair of Nick and Nora’s.


They are so comfy and warm.

17. What tops your Christmas Tree?
When I have a tree I usually put an angel up there.




I keep putting her up there but she keeps saying "GEIT DAOWHAN YOU'LL FAAHAALL!"

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving?
I love giving. I wish I were better at picking out the perfect gift.

20. Candy Canes. Yum or Yuck?
Yum! I put one in my hot chocolate. When the grandkids were babies my daddy would sit them in his lap and let them suck candy canes. He thought it was great and so did the babies. My grandfather always had pepperming salt water taffy. Peppermint is a good smell for me.

21. What do you want for Christmas?
I have everything I want or need. So perhaps to do away with hunger.

22. Do you attend an annual Christmas party?
Not anymore.




23. Do you dress-up for Christmas Eve, or wear pajamas?
I wear my dressy pajamas.




They even have an emergency flap in the back. Just in case.

24. Do you own a Santa hat?
Yes I believe he accidently left it one year next to the cookies I baked for him. He left me a note asking if the next year I would make him boiled peanuts and beer. Who knew?




25. Who do you normally spend Christmas with?
Like I said my life has changed so much in the last couple of years I never know with whom I will be spending Christmas.




I like to spend it with these guys cause they are fun.
And these people...
And then there is Huey and Dewey where is Louie?
Here's Louie and then there's
some more goofy people I love



Then there is little Gooball and big Gooball and of course this guy


This is my daddy aka Trooper Bob. Yeah he always has that devilish look on his face. All I can say is watch your back...you may get Bobbed. There are many more to add but I have no pictures. So I guess that I will just say my whole family, God Bless Them Everyone.

Now then who do I tag? Well I'm not real good at playing tag since I usually get my feet tangled up in my legs and then I fall flat on my face so I am going to tag whichever bloggers read this. Please send me a comment telling me. I'll wait. I'll leave the light on.

5 comments:

Girly Stuff said...

I hope you get to see someone in your family for Christmas! They look like fun.

Queenie said...

I don't want to get tagged but I just couldn't help asking: Why no Christmas tree or decorations this year? I'm suddenly all teary and feeling bad for you...

Gladys said...

In answer to Queenie's question Why no tree or decorations? We are not "home". My husband is building an office building in Whitefish Montana. We are staying in a small condo and I have no decorations nor nuthin up here. Most of our kids (all grown) are coming up here for the week after New Years so that won't be so bad. I am sad too but I'll muttle through. I'll trade commercial Christmas for the beauty I see out my window any day.
Thank you for asking.

Queenie said...

Oh Gladys, I can absolutely relate. I am "housesitting" near my work, two and a half hours from my real home, Downeast near the ocean. I won't have any decorations or a tree either. Plus I don't feel like Christmas because my second from the last son Eric left yesterday for Afghanistan with the army. He has already done two tours in Iraq. It gets no easier, believe me.

Just Jinny said...

HHheeeyyy...I LIVE in West Texas right now. Let me go in the back yard and cut you down some mistletoe off the mesquite tree.

ha ha

For real though, I do have a mesquite tree in my back yard.

And it does have mistletoe growing all over it.

VivJ