Thursday, December 25, 2008

A White Christmas

I thought I would take a moment to show you what my world looks like on Christmas. My whole entire life I have wondered what a real White Christmas would be like.




Now all I have to do is put on my 47 layers of clothes, my woolen socks and my insulated water proof boots. Then I wrap my neck in a woolen scarf and put my hat on my head.

I open the door to my balcony and walk outside to look over the frozen lake and the snow covered cabins and trees.


I wander outside and up the path to see the beauty of the winter wonderland all around me.


The magic of the snow and the cold takes over my imagination. I begin to daydream that I am in an old Christmas Movie or even one of Robert Frost Poems.



Dust of Snow

The way a crow
Shook down on me
The dust of snowFrom a hemlock tree
Has given my heart
A change of mood
And saved some part
Of a day I had rued.
Robert Lee Frost




It brightens my spirit and warms my soul. It freezes my nose and brings to my face a flush of rose.




I search in each patch of trees and cache of brush for some sign of life and some beat of heart.





Then I hear a crunch of ice and the soft whush of snow. I see the doe before she sees me.

Another peaks out at me from the trees.

And there in the afternoon light are two beautiful works of God's hand bedded down.

I walk away feeling enlightened, refreshed and not so alone.
Merry Christmas to all.


3 comments:

Girly Stuff said...

Looks very beautiful! Enjoy it for the rest of us!

terri said...

Wow! You are in the midst of some breath-taking scenery!

Anonymous said...

Gladys,
I love these! You are doing so good!

Love you
Myrtle