Wednesday, December 2, 2009

New BFF


This weeks Themed Thursday is Friends. Yes let’s all sing “Keep smiling. Keep shinin'. Knowin' you can always count on me for sure that's what friends are for In good times And bad times I'll be on your side forever more. That's what friends are for.” Thank you Mr. Stevie Wonder for that ear worm. Yes I have been singing that song ever since I read this weeks theme. Isn’t it amazing how we can get a song stuck in our head. Heck I even dreamed of this song. That is not what my post is about though, ear worms. No my post is about friends.

I am not talking about the Monica, Phoebe, Ross, Joey and Chandler kind of friends but real true friends.



You know the ones you meet on the internet and instantly call you “My Dearest One”. Now I have written before about my extraordinary correspondence with Furong in the spirit of Griffin and Sabine. I have now acquired a new friend and I want to share her and her plight with you.

Here is the missive which I received from my new BFF (for those of you who have been living in a cave for the last decade that means BEST FRIENDS FOREVER). When you become someone’s BFF you get one of those heart necklaces that splits in the middle and everything. I am waiting next to my mailbox for my half of the heart from my new BFF, Maria. Yes as in “I just met a girl named Maria…” Oh great another ear worm.


So here is the email I received from my new BFF.

You're invited to: My dearest one

By your host: Maria Justin



Date: Thursday 26 November 2009


Time: 12:00 - 13:00 (GMT +00:00)


Street: Hi,My name is Maria Justin Yak,24years old originated from Sudan.I decide to contact you after my prayers,I really want to have a good relationship with you. My father Dr.Justin Yak was the former Minister for SPLA Affairs and Special Adviser to President Salva Kiir of South Sudan for Decentralization.My father Dr.Justin Yak and my mother including other top Military officers and top government officials had been on board when the plane crashed on Friday May 02, 2008.You can read more about the crash through the below site:http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7380412.stm After the burial of my father,my uncle conspired and sold my father's properties to a Chinease Expatriate and live nothing for me.On a faithful morning,I opened my father's briefcase and found out the documents which he have deposited huge amount of money in one bank in Burkina Faso with my name as the next of kin. I traveled to Burkina Faso to withdraw the money so that I can start a better life and take care of myself. On my arrival, the Branch manager of the Bank whom I met in person told me that my father's instruction to the bank was the money be release to me only when I am married or present a trustee who will help me and invest the money overseas.I have chosen to contact you after my prayers and I believe that you will not betray my trust. But rather take me as your own sister.Though you may wonder why I am so soon revealing myself to you without knowing you, well,I will say that my mind convinced me that you are the true person to help me. More so,I will like to disclose much to you if you can help me to relocate to your country because my uncle have threaten to assassinate me.The amount is $5.6 Million and I have confirmed from the bank in Burkina Faso.You will also help me to place the money in a more profitable business venture in your Country.However, you will help by recommending a nice University in your country so that I can complete my studies.It is my intention to compensate you with 10% of the total money for your services and the balance shall be my capital in your establishment. As soon as I receive your interest in helping me,I will put things into action immediately.In the light of the above,I shall appreciate an urgent message indicating your ability and willingness to handle this transaction sincerely.Please do keep this only to your self.I beg you not to disclose it till i come over because I am affraid of my wicked uncle who has threatened to kill me.you will contact me through my private email adress(mariajustinyak@rocketmail.com) Sincerely yours,Miss Maria Justin Yak

To: mariajustinyak@rocketmail.com


Subject: My New BFF


Maria,


I am so stoked! I just got your email and OMG! Are you my new BFF? That is so cool. So whatcha doin? I think it is so cool you prayed and everything and then you found me. That is like fate or something. Where is Sudan? Is it next to La Brea? My friend Barbie, she just got a new beamer and we could like meet at Brea mall and hang out and stuff.

 
Oh man that is a bummer about your rents. I mean that they crashed and burned and stuff. So did you like get to live by yourself and stuff? I wish I could live by myself but not because, well you know. Since your pops put money in the Burbank Bank does that mean you have like a gold card?



I would really like to like help you out and stuff but they made same sex marriage illegal here. I really don’t understand why. I mean who cares if a man marries a man or a woman marries a woman? I certainly don’t as long as nobody but me marries Chad. Chad is the coolest. He has a motorcycle and tats and everything. My dad said I’m not supposed to hang out with him but he meets us at the Starbucks anyway. I always get a venti double shot machiotto extra hot double cupped and he just gets a cafĂ©’ Americana. What do you get? I used to get venti skinny vanilla latte’s but that is so last year.



I have to go now because my stepmonster wants me to take her nasty little chuggle out to pee. I hope that you can meet us at the mall. Oh and don’t worry I won’t tell your wicked Uncle a thing as long as you don’t tell my wicked stepmonster anything. ;)



Love Your BFF


Gladys




So as you can see you just never know where your new next best friend forever will come from.




17 comments:

Ed & Jeanne said...

Ha! Good take on the old Sudan email. Where did you get that Mr Rogers photo? Crazy!

Ronda Laveen said...

Your new BFF is a lucky girl...that is unless her uncle assassinates her. FUNNY!

Rinkly Rimes said...

I just love your occupation! Lolling about! That sounds fantastic. But I loved your tongue-in-cheek description of your new BF too!

Tess Kincaid said...

Clever, very clever! Loved this.

Brian Miller said...

lol. i think her friend keeps trying to be my BFF as well. love the mr. rogers pic! that is one big friend. happy tt!

Luke said...

5 seconds later, Mr. Rogers was mauled...

Wings1295 said...

Great take, right down to the gorilla & Mr. Rogers.

Wait, what???

Tom said...

ha! and love the pic. wish i had a monkey friend.

Roy said...

Gee, I never thought about answering one of those emails. I wonder if I can do a passable Valley Girl?

You know, there were rumors about Fred...

e said...

This was hysterical! Happy TT!

Alan Burnett said...

Well I am quite upset . And there was I thinking Maria Yak was my special friend.
Great Theme Thursday post.

Harnett-Hargrove said...

BFF, Best Faux Friend??? -Jayne

Mike said...

Huh? My best friends just call and ask to borrow money? At least yours takes the time to write lol! I thought that BFF meant Best F**king Friend! Seriously! LMAO!!!

Kate Hanley said...

Great take on the theme and so love the Mr. Rogers pic. Happy TT!

The Silver Fox said...

I always answer the ones from Russian girls who read my "profile" on some dating site I've never been to. Someday I'll tell the whole sordid story.

Stephanie said...

Enjoyed your bff take!

Baino said...

Haha . brilliant! You know I've never actually had one of those emails. I'd so like one just so I can respond. Great retort.