Friday, January 15, 2010

Gladys has Fruity Random Thoughts

It’s Friday and time for Mrs. 4444’s Friday Fragments. Go link your Friday to her Friday. It is also Virtual Girls Night Out over at Ann Again and Again. Grab a drink, do a little dance, get down tonight, get down tonight….
 *********************************************


First of all I would like to tell each and every one of you that sent me good wishes on my breastest problem, THANK YOU. I would also like to let you know that regardless of what the new recommendations are it is still important for you to know your own body and to take your health care into your own hands.




&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

I had a MRI this week. They laid me on the table face down with my lady hangers dangling freely in the breeze and sucked me into the tube of magnets. As I lie there listening to the machine it dawned on me it was saying something. It was saying nipple, nipple, nipple….buzzzzzzzz….party, party, party,party….click, click, click….ready, ready, ready, ready….click, click,click. I think there was a hidden message in there but I’m not sure what.


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This morning one of our daughters was getting ready to leave for Las Vegas for her birthday. Her father and I were hovering around her saying “did you pack plenty of warm clothes? Do you have enough money? Did you double check your reservations? Do you have enough gas? Did you check the wind warnings?” She very sweetly smiled at us and cleared her throat and said “You do know I’m twenty-seven, not seven right?” HAPPY BIRTHDAY FALULAH!



222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222

We eat healthy. What do I mean by that? Well we each fresh vegitables and fruit. This means that I have to go to the grocery several times a week to stock up. I try to buy organic or natural. The other day I started to think about the fruit from my youth. My mother would buy a peach and if you didn’t eat it in 3 days it would be bad. Now you can buy a peach and it won’t rot for weeks.


WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY DOING TO OUR FOOD? Oh wait if we eat that food does that mean we won’t rot for centuries? Is our food turning us immortal?



&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

My overheard this week was once again at the beach. There was a man on the beach with one of those metal detector things. Kahuna and I were standing on the pier and I asked him “what do you think he’s looking for.” To which Kahuna looked at me and said “oh, he’s vacuuming the sand off the beach.”



Which made this make total sense.


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Otin hosts his Happy Hour Friday over at the Wizard of Otin.

Here are a few things that make me happy.


Surfers who look like surfers and not driving BMW's


Kids playing on the beach on a winters day


My beach companions


The fact this little guy is getting healthier by the minute
and he has decided we are not going to beat him.


Now go out there and be good to one another.  Don't forget to do what you can for those less fortunate especially those in Haiti. Remember thoughts become things, think good ones. 

12 comments:

Cluttered Brain said...

I super LOVE the beach too!
Visiting from Ann's VGNO!
Hope U have a great weekend!

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

Even when's she 57 you will be hovering but then she'll let because she'll think you have old timerz disease - lol

Have a great weekend!

TheAtticGirl said...

Hope everything worked out with your test. Those machines are intimidating. Happy VGNO! Have a great weekend!

Mike said...

Umm, is your daughter a model? She is beautiful! Happy Birthday to her!

You did say that everything was okay with the mri, right?

I am glad that the pup is improving!

Have a good weekend.

Ali said...

haha, great post. I love the photo accompanying the fruit paragraph, my hubby thinks she is the scariest looking person alive lol! Happy VGNO =)

Ann Harrison said...

You are absolutely fantastic! And I pray for all things wonderful and great for you.

Happy VGNO!!!

RLM Cooper said...

Gladys ...I'm SO glad I found you. Or you found me. Or something. Anyway, I'm glad, Gladys.

mub said...

It is rather worrying when you think about the food like that!

Great photos too, I love the one with the surfers car!

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I know I'm a little late on the game but I'm just stopping by to participate in VGNO. You have a lovely site, and I hope your MRI went well. I had one when I was 13 - I've heard some people think it's scary, but from what I can remember it was quite interesting. Your dog is adorable, too! Hopefully, he will get better as well. Have a lovely weekend. :)

lettuce said...

what a beautiful daughter

:-)

jp said...

cute pictures!...

whoah, what happened to Joan Rivers

http://piecesofmejen.wordpress.com/2010/01/15/friday-fragments-episode-2/

Jaime said...

when she flies, my mom STILL has to call her mother when she lands. there are some things we never outgrow.