Friday, July 17, 2009

Random Thoughts 7-16-09 Hollywood Style

It is Friday. Friday Means Friday Fragments over at Half Past Kissing Time. Hey Mrs 4's! Y'all go on over and visit with her. It is also VGNO (virtual girls night out) over at Ann Again and Again. Happy VGNO! And of course it means it's time for Gladys' Random Thoughts...Hollywood Style.



Here are some random thoughts on last night’s movie premier of The Ugly Truth and some “over heards”. I know you are sick of me talking about this movie premier and the contest and all but hang in there it’s almost over. You have to understand I live a very cloistered life these days and well I was just a little underwhelmed with the Hollywoodness of it all.

So let’s start with this:
Did you know that there is a time zone in Hollywood? It is right there on Hollywood Boulevard between Hollywood and Vine and Hollywood and Orange. They are literally 3 blocks from one another and look at the vast difference in time. Well it is Hollywood after all.


It is 7:45 on Hollywood and Vine and yet 3 blocks down it's


4:10. Yes it's that space time continuum. Einstien must have
lived in between Vine and Orange
The Roosevelt Hotel was very hip and historical all in one. The one thing I don’t understand is how they expect you to put your make-up on using a bug light? I mean it did make me look kind of dreamy in a Hollywood-y way.

This is the real color of the bathroom lighting.
Why is it when I go to some cool function I turn into a total dork? I mean I bought this really cool green dress that showed way too much skin and you know what? I chickened out and wore black. It’s like I don’t even know myself or at least I won’t admit I do. I mean I’m too cool in a Hollywood-y way.

We met this young man’s parents. His name is Eric Winter. I am going to take a minute and speak to just Mr. Winter, Eric’s dad.
Mr. Winter you son did not have a little part in the movie. He is a full fledged movie star. It is alright to be proud of him. Heck I would have been shouting out in the lobby “My boy gets almost naked in this movie and he looks good.” I know you said you had no idea were he got the crazy notion to act and that it came out of nowhere and you didn’t know anything about the movie. Well let me tell you he did good. He did real good. Now go BRAG ON HIM! RIGHT NOW! I’m waiting!


This guy?
This guy was too cool. I am going to call him Say. We walked in and they had piles of popcorn and a cacophony of soft drinks. This guy was standing by the tables and I said “Say, could I get a water or even a cup for water from the drinking fountain?” This man found me a bottle of water and then gave me an extra. Then he was great enough to take a picture with me even though he said he doesn’t take pictures. Say is the nicest guy in Hollywood. You GO SAY!

Overheard at the movies:
Two suits sitting behind us in the nose bleed section:
Suit # 1: So did you work on this production?
Suit # 2: Naw I just came for the popcorn.

Two tightly swathed and heavily botoxed middle aged women standing waiting for Gerard Butler to appear:

Fan # 1: Can you see him?
Fan # 2: No, not unless he is blond and the size of a #2 pencil.
Fan # 1: Well he looked like he was sporting more than that in “The 300”
Finally this was my conversation in the ladies room of the Roosevelt Bar.
A very drunk and wobbly twenty something stumbled out of the stall in her 5 inch stilettos. She looks in the mirror and then to me as I am washing my hands and said “hey, do you know me?” I smiled and said “I don’t think so.” She belched a drunken belch and said “good, cause I don’t want anyone who knows me to see me like this.” She then turned and proceeded back to the stall to throw up her liver and her kidneys.
Finally I am going to leave you with a thought. Thoughts become things... choose the good ones!

10 comments:

Stacie said...

Very Interesting! Happy VGNO!

Mrs4444 said...

Wow, Gladys-That last story is crazy (sounds like it belongs in a stand-up routine :) Budump-Bump! heehee Only in Hollywood, huh?

Your hair and dress-GORGEOUS! You are a Hottie, Woman!

Anonymous said...

Gladys! Your hairs were beautiful! Glad you had such a good time.


Myrtle

Mandala Michelle said...

I thought the picture of the botox woman was a statue. That is crazy stuff. You on the other hand looked like a million bucks. Sounds like blast!

Stacy Uncorked said...

How FUN! And like Mrs. 4444 said, your hair and dress were gorgeous! The botox woman? Not so much... ;)

Happy FF a day late! :)

Lagean Ellis said...

You think, maybe, she had just a little too much botox?

Happy VGNO

Gladys said...

Staci-Hollywood never lets me down on entertainment and I'm not talking about the movies.

Mrs. 4's- It was all I could do not to wet myself. Luckily I was in a bathroom.

Myrtle-Thanks! I have Lola Cabana to thank for my hairs.

MM- There was almost as much collegan and botox in that room as there was in Michael Jacksons little finger.

Staci the cool chick- Thanks. Kahuna laughed because I chickened out of the hip green dress.

Gena- Do you watch the Real Housewives of OC or NJ or NY? Yeah that is what they are going to end up looking like.

Bob said...

No biz like show biz, eh? As Oscar Levant once famously said, "Strip away the phony tinsel of Hollywood ... and you'll find the real tinsel."

KimmyDarling said...

Isn't that woman in the photo Amanda Lepore?

Gladys said...

Kimmy- yes it is but I had to look it up to make sure.